From: robertva on
On 4/15/2010 9:40 AM, Derrick Fawsitt wrote:
> In message <wxsxn.105296$EE6.65157(a)newsfe23.iad>, robertva
> <robert_c72athotmail(a)invalid.net> writes
>
>> Click "Explore" for the two pane view with drives and folders in the
>> left pane and contents in the right pane.
> Thank you so much for trying to help me and apologies for my amateur
> attempt to explain my problem. Actually I only want to see "folders" in
> my left pane and contents in the right pane. I get this when I click on
> "Explorer", it opens up with just folders on my left whereas I have a
> shortcut icon to a folder I created called "DATA" which contains all my
> documents etc. but when I click on that it opens up with Files and
> Folder Tasks, Other Places and Details on the left pane when all I want
> to see each time are "Folders" there. How to I achieve that every time I
> open up a file or folder. I had it before now but seem to have lost it.
>
> All my thanks,

For:

To create a shortcut that opens in Windows Explorer dual pane view:

In Windows Explorer right click on the folder you want to display.

Click "Properties" on the resulting context menu.

Edit the "Target" property on the "shortcut" tab to put the folder
path in quotation marks.

Continue to edit the target to add %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,
followed by a single space to the beginning of the property. for an
example %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e, "%SystemRoot%\system32" opens your
system32 folder (where spider solitaire is located).

Click the "OK" button at the bottom of the properties dialog

Substitute (the steps with the underline are new)

To create a shortcut that opens in Windows Explorer dual pane view:

In Windows Explorer right click on the folder you want to display.

__Click "Create Shortcut" on the resulting context menu

__Right click the new shortcut. It usually appears at the bottom/end of
the list as "Shortcut to"... If for some reaon the list is resorted you
will need to look at the newest file (if sorted by date/time) OR in the
"short..." files (if alphabetized).

From: Derrick Fawsitt on
In message <mxNxn.45940$iL1.29538(a)newsfe24.iad>, robertva
<robert_c72athotmail(a)invalid.net> writes
>On 4/15/2010 9:40 AM, Derrick Fawsitt wrote:
>> In message <wxsxn.105296$EE6.65157(a)newsfe23.iad>, robertva
>> <robert_c72athotmail(a)invalid.net> writes
>>
>>> Click "Explore" for the two pane view with drives and folders in the
>>> left pane and contents in the right pane.
>> Thank you so much for trying to help me and apologies for my amateur
>> attempt to explain my problem. Actually I only want to see "folders" in
>> my left pane and contents in the right pane. I get this when I click on
>> "Explorer", it opens up with just folders on my left whereas I have a
>> shortcut icon to a folder I created called "DATA" which contains all my
>> documents etc. but when I click on that it opens up with Files and
>> Folder Tasks, Other Places and Details on the left pane when all I want
>> to see each time are "Folders" there. How to I achieve that every time I
>> open up a file or folder. I had it before now but seem to have lost it.
>>
>> All my thanks,
>

>For:
>
>To create a shortcut that opens in Windows Explorer dual pane view:
>
> In Windows Explorer right click on the folder you want to display.
>
> Click "Properties" on the resulting context menu.
>
> Edit the "Target" property on the "shortcut" tab to put the folder
>path in quotation marks.
>
> Continue to edit the target to add %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,
>followed by a single space to the beginning of the property. for an
>example %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e, "%SystemRoot%\system32" opens
>your system32 folder (where spider solitaire is located).
>
> Click the "OK" button at the bottom of the properties dialog
>
>Substitute (the steps with the underline are new)
>
>To create a shortcut that opens in Windows Explorer dual pane view:
>
> In Windows Explorer right click on the folder you want to display.
>
>__Click "Create Shortcut" on the resulting context menu
>
>__Right click the new shortcut. It usually appears at the bottom/end of
>the list as "Shortcut to"... If for some reaon the list is resorted
>you will need to look at the newest file (if sorted by date/time) OR in
>the "short..." files (if alphabetized).
>
> Click "Properties" on the resulting context menu.
>
> Edit the "Target" property on the "shortcut" tab to put the folder
>path in quotation marks.
>
> Continue to edit the target to add %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,
>followed by a single space to the beginning of the property. for an
>example %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e, "%SystemRoot%\system32" opens
>your system32 folder (where spider solitaire is located).
>
> Click the "OK" button at the bottom of the properties dialog

Your expertise leaves amazes me and illustrates how little I know. Thank
you again for going to all the trouble above. I will have to get my PC
engineer to carry out the above as I fear it is a little beyond me. I am
therefore going to save it until he turns up.
Once again, I am so grateful for not only understanding my inadequate
explanation but giving me the solution.
--
Derrick Fawsitt

Pages: 1