From: BB Engel on
I made one change on one page. Went to publish and I found "Conflicts" on
every page. They were "Unchanged" the last time I opened FP. Help does not
address this. What would cause this to happen. How would I correct it?
Any direction would be appreciated.
--
BB Engel
From: LD55ZRA on
BB Engel wrote:

>I made one change on one page. Went to publish and I found "Conflicts" on
>every page. They were "Unchanged" the last time I opened FP. Help does not
>address this. What would cause this to happen. How would I correct it?
>Any direction would be appreciated.

If you explain what do you mean by "conflicts" then sure somebody can
help you here. It could be that html syntax has gone wrong in which
case it should be pretty easy to correct it. Do you have a link to your
site where one can see it in practice?

hth
From: Stefan B Rusynko on
Conflicts can occur for several reasons, including corrupt meta data or server/pc clock errors
Try Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks and if needed
- change your publishing setting to Publish All , & publish again

From: Jeff Zeitlin on
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:54:01 -0700, BB Engel
<BBEngel(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I made one change on one page. Went to publish and I found "Conflicts" on
>every page. They were "Unchanged" the last time I opened FP. Help does not
>address this. What would cause this to happen. How would I correct it?
>Any direction would be appreciated.

This can be caused if your hosting provider had a problem and had to
restore from a backup - some backup processes apparently don't correctly
preserve last-mod dates, even if they REPORT correct dates, and
FrontPage seems to detect this. Unless I've been pressed for time, I
usually let FrontPage go ahead and republish everything; that usually
clears the problem until the next server-side issue comes up.

The only other time I saw something like that, where it WASN'T a
backup/restore issue, it turned out that the server had been
compromised, and in a quite obvious way. I cleaned up the debris (files
that weren't mine), reported it to the provider, changed MY password,
just in case it was my account that was compromised, rather than the
server root account (evidence was that it was server root), and
republished.
--
Jeff Zeitlin
jzeitlin+jtas(a)spamcop.net