From: Bjørn Brox on
Brofalad skrev:
> Yes,
>
> Probably getting the right system settings f�r the HTC HD2 accorning
> to hardware port will solve the problem.
>
> But how? It's not mentions in the HTC HD2 User Manual.

GPS setting regarding the virtual com port is a default part of Windows
Mobile and not HTC specific.

--
Bj�rn Brox
From: Bjørn Brox on
Bj�rn Brox wrote:
> Brofalad wrote:
>> Yes,
>>
>> Probably getting the right system settings f�r the HTC HD2 accorning
>> to hardware port will solve the problem.
>>
>> But how? It's not mentions in the HTC HD2 User Manual.
>>
> GPS setting regarding the virtual com port is a default part of Windows
> Mobile and not HTC specific.

And again: Since this is a multi-process OS you should not access
hardware ports directly but use the virtual COM port for reading GPS.

The hardware port is probably already occupied by the OS or some other
process, or you will block them.

--
Bj�rn Brox
From: Brofalad on
Thanks for your respons

Do you mean I should be able to access the GPS Intermediate Driver,
without setting the hardware port in the GPS ID GUI?

I'm the looking for the problem at the wrong place?

/Brofalad.

From: Bjørn Brox on
Brofalad skrev:
> Thanks for your respons
>
> Do you mean I should be able to access the GPS Intermediate Driver,
> without setting the hardware port in the GPS ID GUI?

Depends on how the HTC have implemented their hardware driver, - it
might not be a hardware port at all.

> I'm the looking for the problem at the wrong place?
>
> /Brofalad.

In any case you should use the virtual com port, but personally I would
access it on an even higher level and using the Windows Mobile API.

You find examples of that in your Windows Mobile Pro SDK examples folder.

Polling a hardware COM port was something you did in the last century in
the early windows OS'es. Today you can just instruct the API to send you
events.

--
Bj�rn Brox
From: Thore Berntsen on
I think that there is a problem with the GPS driver on HRC Touch HD2. I have
seen that described on the xda-developer site, I think it takes some time
for the GPS driver to start up.

Check out http://www.xda-developers.com/

Thore