From: Brofalad on
Hi,
I have problem to get my GPS-application to work with HTC HD2 and
windows mobile 6.5. I have tried every comport with no success. Am I
missing something? It worked OK on my WM6.1 device. I don't know if
WM 6.5 is the problem or the HTC HD2 device.
Any hints appreciated.
/Brofalad
From: Bjørn Brox on
Brofalad skrev:
> Hi,
> I have problem to get my GPS-application to work with HTC HD2 and
> windows mobile 6.5. I have tried every comport with no success. Am I
> missing something? It worked OK on my WM6.1 device. I don't know if
> WM 6.5 is the problem or the HTC HD2 device.
> Any hints appreciated.
> /Brofalad

Why are you working directly on the COM port and not on the managed
interface?

If you insist on work on a com port remember to check your GPS setting
for a virtual com-port, if it is enabled and which port it is.

You should in any case only use the virtual com-port since it allows
multiple processes to access it.

--
Bj�rn Brox
From: Brofalad on
No, I am working on the GPS Intermediate Driver. But I can't get it to
work. I have tested all comport to find the hardware port to enter in
the GPSID GUI with no success.

And I haven’t found what hardware comport HTC HD2 are using anyware on
the net yet.

As mentionend, my program is working with WM6.1 on a other devices.

/Brofalad

From: Bjørn Brox on
Brofalad skrev:
> No, I am working on the GPS Intermediate Driver. But I can't get it to
> work. I have tested all comport to find the hardware port to enter in
> the GPSID GUI with no success.
>
> And I haven�t found what hardware comport HTC HD2 are using anyware on
> the net yet.
>
> As mentionend, my program is working with WM6.1 on a other devices.

Some time since I programmed a HTC, but there was a system setting for
hardware and virtual COM port.

Anyhow, - check out http://www.htcwiki.com/

--
Bj�rn Brox
From: Brofalad on
Yes,

Probably getting the right system settings för the HTC HD2 accorning
to hardware port will solve the problem.

But how? It's not mentions in the HTC HD2 User Manual.

/Brofalad