From: Peter Olcott on
At work we need to be able to connect one USB keyboard and
one USB mouse to two computers. I am guessing that a
hardware switch with two in-ports and four out-ports would
work. Does anyone know where I can get this? Do you have any
other ideas?

From: Ken Maltby on

"Peter Olcott" <NoSpam(a)SeeScreen.com> wrote in message
> At work we need to be able to connect one USB keyboard and one USB mouse
> to two computers. I am guessing that a hardware switch with two in-ports
> and four out-ports would work. Does anyone know where I can get this? Do
> you have any other ideas?

USB KVM switch

http://www.usbfever.com/index_ecat.php?cPath=6_37

or any other USB cable source.

Luck;
Ken

From: spamme0 on
Peter Olcott wrote:
> At work we need to be able to connect one USB keyboard and
> one USB mouse to two computers. I am guessing that a
> hardware switch with two in-ports and four out-ports would
> work. Does anyone know where I can get this? Do you have any
> other ideas?

look up "synergy" on sourceforge.net
It's a program that uses the network to perform the function you
want.
You get virtual windows. Just move the mouse past the edge of
your main window and it shows up on the other system.
Has other benefits...like you can cut from one system and paste
on the other.

It has obvious limitations.
You can't configure the BIOS with it, because it ain't
running until the OS boots.

Also look into

ZoneOS ZoneScreen

This has some screen viewing capabilities too.
From: Doomed Soul on
On Sep 5, 9:15 am, spamme0 <spam...(a)netscape.net> wrote:
> Peter Olcott wrote:
> > At work we need to be able to connect one USB keyboard and
> > one USB mouse to two computers. I am guessing that a
> > hardware switch with two in-ports and four out-ports would
> > work. Does anyone know where I can get this? Do you have any
> > other ideas?
>
> look up "synergy" on sourceforge.net
> It's a program that uses the network to perform the function you
> want.
> You get virtual windows.  Just move the mouse past the edge of
> your main window and it shows up on the other system.
> Has other benefits...like you can cut from one system and paste
> on the other.
>
> It has obvious limitations.
> You can't configure the BIOS with it, because it ain't
> running until the OS boots.
>
> Also look into
>
> ZoneOS ZoneScreen
>
> This has some screen viewing capabilities too.

If you want to also share the same monitor then the KVM switch is the
way to go, but if you are using separate monitors then synergy (or
others like it) will do what you need without having to purchase a
switch.

DS

From: cold stream on

todayz , in every store u will find the usb adaptor which has u knw 1
port in 2 ports out !! ,,, u can find it in any computer store !! i hve
one hehe