From: James on
I have a Wi-Fi laptop,windows XP Pro, and I'm still having trouble
staying connected to the internet(espeicially when playing a video).
It used to play videos without any trouble-and sometimes I lose the
connection when just veiwing websites also, but does it take more
energy(if that's the right word) to play a video than just read a
website?
I'm quite sure this problem of this laptop losing it's connection
frequently can be fixed, and it is a Wi-Fi laptop and does not need a
wireless card to connect when started, but I thought someone here new
about this wi-fi and could instruct me on how to repair it.

thank you ,
James
From: JacobH on
James wrote:
> I have a Wi-Fi laptop,windows XP Pro, and I'm still having trouble
> staying connected to the internet(espeicially when playing a video).
> It used to play videos without any trouble-and sometimes I lose the
> connection when just veiwing websites also, but does it take more
> energy(if that's the right word) to play a video than just read a
> website?
> I'm quite sure this problem of this laptop losing it's connection
> frequently can be fixed, and it is a Wi-Fi laptop and does not need a
> wireless card to connect when started, but I thought someone here new
> about this wi-fi and could instruct me on how to repair it.
>
> thank you ,
> James

Any cordless phones in the vicinity? they are excellent at killing your
wifi connection, changing your wifi channel usually improves it.

Geoff
ExploitEd

Wisdom and experience come with age, they say, but I do wish I could
remember the darn question

Pages: 1
Prev: Recycle Bin
Next: XP SP3 getting updates hangs?