From: sh on
I'm getting the following error message in my output window (not in my
error list window) when I build my project:

Consider app.config remapping of assembly "System.Windows.Forms,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=969db8053d3322ac, Retargetable=Yes" from
Version "2.0.0.0"
[C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll]
to Version "2.0.0.0" [C:\Program
Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v2.0\WindowsCE\System.Windows.Forms.dll]
to solve conflict and get rid of warning.

Consider app.config remapping of assembly "System, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=969db8053d3322ac, Retargetable=Yes" from Version
"2.0.0.0"
[C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll]
to Version "2.0.0.0" [C:\Program
Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v2.0\WindowsCE\System.dll] to
solve conflict and get rid of warning.

I searched the web, and found that some have said to add the following
to an app.config file

<dependentassembly>
<assemblyidentity culture="neutral"
publickeytoken="969db8053d3322ac" name="System.Windows.Forms" />
<bindingredirect oldVersion="2.0.0.0" newVersion="2.0.0.0" />
</dependentassembly>
<dependentassembly>
<assemblyidentity culture="neutral"
publickeytoken="969db8053d3322ac" name="System" />
<bindingredirect oldVersion="2.0.0.0" newVersion="2.0.0.0" />
</dependentassembly>

I've done so, but the error message doesn't go away.

I don't think that's the solution in my case, since the error message
says that the conflicting assemblies are in different subdirectories,
not that they are different versions.

How do I redirect to a different subdirectory?

Thanks for any assistance.
From: Chris Tacke, MVP on
The GAC version is the full framework. Are you trying to consume a CF
assembly from the full framework, or vice versa?

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting

From: sh on
Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean.

My project is strictly a CF one. I am using 3rd party .dlls, but they
should be CF ones (Resco controls). My project also does some web
services calls.

The only thing I can think of, is that I have a home-grown .dll
consisting of some proprietary functions. That was written in VS2005 for
the full framework and is CLSCompliant. (It's used across many projects
here.) I reference that .dll in my CF project.

But the message says it's related to System.Windows.Forms and System.
Why wouldn't it name my .dll if that was the problem?

From: Ginny Caughey on
Does your home-grown DLL reference System.Windows.Forms and System on the
desktop? If so, you need to change the references to CF versions and
recompile.

--

Ginny Caughey
Device Application Development MVP

From: Chris Tacke, MVP on
You cannot consume a full framework assembly from a CF app. Period. So
those "proprietary functions" in your full-framework library cannot be used
as they are. That is the root of this problem, by adding the referfence to
your assembly, it then pulls in the dependencies - which includes the
desktop assemblies you're seeing the errors about.