From: William B. Lurie on
For a couple of days I exchanged e-mails with a
Microsoft technician named Bill Pan. I followed the advice
he gave me, to run a DOS-like command, and it wiped all
applications and mailbox off my partition.

I rebuilt using Save & Restore and a clone from a week
ago and now I'd like to resume that conversation.
Obviously I have no Case Number, but I remember his name.
Anybody have a direct link handy?

Thanks.
From: Etaoin Shrdlu on
On 5/15/2010 12:04 PM, William B. Lurie wrote:

> For a couple of days I exchanged e-mails with a
> Microsoft technician named Bill Pan. I followed the advice
> he gave me, to run a DOS-like command, and it wiped all
> applications and mailbox off my partition.
>
> I rebuilt using Save & Restore and a clone from a week
> ago and now I'd like to resume that conversation.
> Obviously I have no Case Number, but I remember his name.
> Anybody have a direct link handy?
>
> Thanks.

How did you get in touch with him to begin with?
From: William B. Lurie on
Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
> On 5/15/2010 12:04 PM, William B. Lurie wrote:
>>
>> For a couple of days I exchanged e-mails with a
>> Microsoft technician named Bill Pan. I followed the advice
>> he gave me, to run a DOS-like command, and it wiped all
>> applications and mailbox off my partition.
>>
>> I rebuilt using Save & Restore and a clone from a week
>> ago and now I'd like to resume that conversation.
>> Obviously I have no Case Number, but I remember his name.
>> Anybody have a direct link handy?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> How did you get in touch with him to begin with?

It was some Microsoft Windows Help link that I can't find again.
From: Tom Willett on
Why on earth would you think anyone here would have a direct link to one of
thousands of Microsoft employees?

Why not look in the emails he sent you for the email address?

:

From: William B. Lurie on
How much of my message did you read, Tom?

The emails he sent me.........vanished. It
was my expectation, which eventually came to
pass, that the Tech Support person who read
my message was able to look up his fellow
Tech Support person's e-mail address for me.

Tom Willett wrote:
> Why on earth would you think anyone here would have a direct link to one of
> thousands of Microsoft employees?
>
> Why not look in the emails he sent you for the email address?
>
> "William B. Lurie" <billurie(a)nospam.net> wrote in message
> : For a couple of days I exchanged e-mails with a
> : Microsoft technician named Bill Pan. I followed the advice
> : he gave me, to run a DOS-like command, and it wiped all
> : applications and mailbox off my partition.
> :
> : I rebuilt using Save & Restore and a clone from a week
> : ago and now I'd like to resume that conversation.
> : Obviously I have no Case Number, but I remember his name.
> : Anybody have a direct link handy?
> :
> : Thanks.

Pages: 1