From: Stewart Berman on
I have an Access 2007 accdb database. It hast a table in it with field
names TableName and FieldName and a bunch of others. This table has had a
small number of records added to it (37) over the life of the database.
Suddenly, the two fields TableName and FieldName cannot be edited. That is
even if the table is open as a table and you try to type a new record. When
you do that an error message is briefly displayed in the left hand end of
the Access main window's status bar. For example if you try to input
anything into the TableName field you will be blocked and you will briefly
see:

Control can't be edited; it's bound to a replication system column
'TableName'.

How do I unbind it? Access 2007 does even support replication in an accdb
file.
From: David W. Fenton on
Answered in microsoft.public.access.replication.

Don't double post. If you *must*, crosspost, but putting individual
posts in different newsgroups is just anti-social behavior.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: Stewart Berman on
"David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet(a)dfenton.com.invalid> wrote:

>Answered in microsoft.public.access.replication.
>
>Don't double post. If you *must*, crosspost, but putting individual
>posts in different newsgroups is just anti-social behavior.

I apologize for the double post. I posted it where I thought it belonged in
the Replication newsgroup. Then I noticed that the Replication newsgroup is
not a "Managed" newsgroup and the "Managed" newsgroup that seemed closes to
the problem was the tabledesign newsgroup -- so I posted it here.

From: David W. Fenton on
Stewart Berman <saberman(a)nospam.nospam> wrote in

> "David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet(a)dfenton.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Answered in microsoft.public.access.replication.
>>
>>Don't double post. If you *must*, crosspost, but putting
>>individual posts in different newsgroups is just anti-social
>>behavior.
>
> I apologize for the double post. I posted it where I thought it
> belonged in the Replication newsgroup. Then I noticed that the
> Replication newsgroup is not a "Managed" newsgroup and the
> "Managed" newsgroup that seemed closes to the problem was the
> tabledesign newsgroup -- so I posted it here.

What is a "managed" newsgroup?

You're not under the impression that Microsoft controls the
microsoft.public.access newsgroups, are you? Or that any significant
percentage of the most active posters in these newsgroups use the MS
website to post?

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: Stewart Berman on