From: Dirk Goldgar on
"Bill" <Bill(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Here is what I typed DoCmd.OpenForm "Tenants Move In". . . .acFormAdd

I see you have periods instead of commas. That would certainly be an error.

Did you type that directly into the button's On Click event property (that
would be an error), or did you create an event procedure and put this line
of code inside that event procedure (that would be the right way to do it)?

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

From: fredg on
On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 13:20:01 -0800, Bill wrote:

> Here is what I typed DoCmd.OpenForm "Tenants Move In". . . .acFormAdd

That's not what I suggested.
You have used dots in place of commas.
The correct syntax is:
DoCmd.OpenForm "FormName", , , , acFormAdd

That's 4 commas after "FormName"
Look up, in VBA help, the OpenForm method for the correct syntax.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
From: Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com on
"All it did was come up with a message that it couldn't find the object
'DoCmd'"

Making the mistake with using periods instead of commas should have popped up
a "syntax error" message, but I don't think Access ever got that far!

Access stating it "couldn't find the object 'DoCmd'" suggests to me that the
OP probably has a missing reference that causing Access to error out.

The periods do, of course, also need to be replaced with commas.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

From: Dirk Goldgar on
"Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" <u28780(a)uwe> wrote in message
> "All it did was come up with a message that it couldn't find the object
> 'DoCmd'"
>
> Making the mistake with using periods instead of commas should have popped
> up
> a "syntax error" message, but I don't think Access ever got that far!
>
> Access stating it "couldn't find the object 'DoCmd'" suggests to me that
> the
> OP probably has a missing reference that causing Access to error out.

If Bill put the statement directly into the On Click property of the command
button, then clicking the button would give the error message "<database
name> can't find the macro 'DoCmd.'" My guess is that this is what has
happened.

From: Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com on
Good point, Dirk! I hadn't even considered that! Be nice to get some feedback
from the OP.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003