From: Bill on
How do I add a control button that will open another form in "add" mode
rather than edit?
From: fredg on
On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:00:22 -0800, Bill wrote:

> How do I add a control button that will open another form in "add" mode
> rather than edit?

Set the Click event of the command button to:

DoCmd.OpenForm "FormName", , , , acFormAdd
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
From: Bill on
All it did was come up with a message that it couldn't find the object 'DoCmd'

From: fredg on
On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:54:01 -0800, Bill wrote:

> All it did was come up with a message that it couldn't find the object 'DoCmd'
>
> "fredg" wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:00:22 -0800, Bill wrote:
>>
>>> How do I add a control button that will open another form in "add" mode
>>> rather than edit?
>>
>> Set the Click event of the command button to:
>>
>> DoCmd.OpenForm "FormName", , , , acFormAdd
>> --
>> Fred
>> Please respond only to this newsgroup.
>> I do not reply to personal e-mail
>> .

That offers us no help at all.
Did you change "FormName" to whatever your actual form name is?
Please copy and paste the full exact click event code into a reply
message.
From: Bill on

Here is what I typed DoCmd.OpenForm "Tenants Move In". . . .acFormAdd