From: Armin Zingler on
Am 31.05.2010 17:55, schrieb Roidy:
> Thanks Armin,
>
> VB complains that GetHostByName is obsolete and tells you to use
> GetHostEntry, which works perfectly:-
>
> Dim hostname As System.Net.IPHostEntry = System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry("NAS")
> Dim ipaddress() As System.Net.IPAddress = hostname.AddressList
>
> Now it just an easy task to write a function to strip out the network device
> name from the path and replace it with the resulting IP address.

Yes, sorry, you're right. Didn't try it and didn't see the warning.

--
Armin
From: Roidy on
Unfortunately the readfunction isn't mine it's the MP4Read function from
libmp4v2.dll so I'm not sure why it only works with IP addresses and not
host names. Your right I should really do some error checking because if
GetHostEntry fails to resolve the host name it throws an exception.

Thanks
Robert