From: David Bennett David on
Hi, I wanted to try Outlook. The only trial version I could find that
included Outlook was Office Professional so I installed that. I have now
bought Outlook from Amazon. When I entered the activation code into the
current installation of Outlook it says code not valid. So I installed
Outlook from the disk that came from Amazon, I entered the code & it said ok.
But today I launched Outlook as usual & it says my free trial expires in 2
days !!! Help pls !! Thank you so much. David :-)
From: DL on
You have to Uninstall any Trial of Office together with Activation
Assistant, via Add/Remove, reboot the PC, install your version from cd

From: VanguardLH on
DL wrote:

> David Bennett wrote ...
>
>> Hi, I wanted to try Outlook. The only trial version I could find that
>> included Outlook was Office Professional so I installed that. I have now
>> bought Outlook from Amazon. When I entered the activation code into the
>> current installation of Outlook it says code not valid. So I installed
>> Outlook from the disk that came from Amazon, I entered the code & it said
>> ok.
>> But today I launched Outlook as usual & it says my free trial expires in 2
>> days !!! Help pls !! Thank you so much. David :-)
>
> You have to Uninstall any Trial of Office together with Activation
> Assistant, via Add/Remove, reboot the PC, install your version from cd

You can, however, save the .pst file from the trial version to keep whatever
e-mails it has when you get rid of the trial version and install the full
version.

http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/faq.aspx
"How to I convert my trial?"

They list a trial-to-full conversion process there. I suspect their
"conversion" is just an uninstall (of trial/current version) followed by an
install (of new/full version) while leaving the data files behind.

It doesn't look like the OP did a conversion. They just stepped atop the
existing install by trying to install (without conversion) another version
of Outlook.