From: KeithGrill on
KeithGrill had written this in response to
http://www.rockryno.com/quicken/Re-Converting-qif-Files-to-qfx-Files-15692-.htm
:
Hope this question isn't too stupid, but what program are you using to
modify/ADD to the .qif file headers?

Keith Grill
-------------------------------------
Steve JORDI wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 00:00:39 -0700, CDavey <CDUtter1(a)spamex.com>
> wrote:

>>Is there and easy way of Converting .qif files to .qfx files?

> I guess that you need this in order to be able to import your QIF
> files into all of your accounts in Quicken.
> This latter refuses to do so for saving, checking, credi card accounts
> etc. Isn't it?

> If I'm correct, qfx is a licensed format from Intuit and you have to
> pay $$$ if you want the specifications.

> The workaround to still be able to work with QIF files is to simply
> modify their headers.

> ADD The Following to the HEAD of the QIF file

> !Account
> Naccountname
> Ttype
> ^

> The date format of each transaction should also be MM/DD/YYYY

> As an example, if you have an account called "My American Express
> Gold" that would give
> !Account
> NMy American Express Gold
> TCCard
> ^

> Or a bank account called "My savings"
> !Account
> NMy savings
> TBank
> ^

> For the type next to the "T" you have the following options:
> Bank, CCard, or Invst

> Next to the "N" you add your account name

> Actually you even can be more detailed by adding extra information:
> Field Indicator Explanation
> N Name
> T Account type (Bank, CCard, Invst)
> L Credit limit (for credit cards)
> D Description
> ^ End of entry

> Hope that this helps.

> Sincerely,
> Steve JORDI

> (Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address)
> 1197 Prangins Email: stevejordiK_I_L_LSPAM(a)hotmail.com
> Switzerland WWW: www.sjordi.com
> Volcanoes at www.sjordi.com/volcanoes
> MovieDB at www.sjmoviedb.com

Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
Tax and Accounting Software Forums
alt.comp.software.financial.quicken - 22615 messages and counting!
From: KeithGrill on

From: ps56k on
you can always just use NOTEPAD
for editing any plain text data markup files like these....

From: John Pollard on
KeithGrill wrote:

> Hope this question isn't too stupid, but what program are you using to
> modify/ADD to the .qif file headers?

Notepad is a safe bet.

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help