From: FLCivilPE on

I am attempting to use the DateDiff Function to do this. I figured-out
how to enter the start and finish dates. I'm not so sure what it is
asking for with the interval, firstdayofweek, and firstweekofyear.

DateDiff( interval, date1, date2, firstdayofweek, firstweekofyear )

--
FLCivilPE
FLCivilPE's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222556.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Andrew Lavinsky on
A couple of ways:

1) Take a spare number field and add the formula [Finish]-[Start]
2) Add a 7 day working calendar. Call it "7day" and then use this formula
in a duration field: ProjDateDiff([Start],[Finish],"7day")

Why do you need this, if I may ask?

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

From: Jan De Messemaeker on
Hi,

Interval: the time unit you want, "m", "h", "d", "w"
first and last day of week: only if you use "w". Never used that.
HTH

--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional

From: FLCivilPE on

Thank you Andrew. That doesn't completely answer my question about how
to complete the DateDiff fields (interval, date1, date2, firstdayofweek,
firstweekofyear)

Basically I have a schedule developed using a five day work week, but
the client has requirements for meeting calendar durations. I just want
to show the calendar durations for each task.

From: Andrew Lavinsky on
Both of those formulas satisfy that requirement, no?

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> Thank you Andrew. That doesn't completely answer my question about
> how to complete the DateDiff fields (interval, date1, date2,
> firstdayofweek, firstweekofyear)
>
> Basically I have a schedule developed using a five day work week, but
> the client has requirements for meeting calendar durations. I just
> want to show the calendar durations for each task.
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: cube building problem