From: forest8 on
Hi

I have created a form which suits my needs.

I made a copy of it since it has many features I needed for another table.

In my copied form, I can't add or make changes to the new form.

How do I make it so I can amend, revise or add new data?

Thank you in advance for your help.
From: Jeff Boyce on
How have you tried to make changes?

What kind of error messages (if any) are you getting?

Is it a problem with changing the design of the form, or with using the form
to change data in the underlying table?

How is the new form "connected to" the data in the (new) table?

How is it that you have more than one table with similar enough structure
that you can use a copy of a form to attempt data entry? In a
well-normalized relational database, you'd only have ONE table.

More info, please!

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 15:35:01 -0800, forest8
<forest8(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have created a form which suits my needs.
>
>I made a copy of it since it has many features I needed for another table.
>
>In my copied form, I can't add or make changes to the new form.
>
>How do I make it so I can amend, revise or add new data?
>
>Thank you in advance for your help.

Data is NOT stored in the form - it's stored in a Table.

What is the Recordsource (the table behind) each form?
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]

Pages: 1
Prev: Save prompt is not working