From: ù����l on
Dear All,

I would like to know how to copy data from one company to another?
I know that we can use Setup Checklist ->Copy Data function to copy all the
setting from one comp to another, however, it seems that it cannot copy
transaction details.

From: Daniel Rimmelzwaan on
Why would you want to copy transactional details from one company to
another? A transaction is unique to a certain company isn't it? The setup
checklist is intended to copy static data over.

From: ???? on
Because we want to test some manual adjustments in the company, however
since its a LIVE company, we cannot use Backup/Restore.
Instead, we need to copy the Company with Transaction details to a new
company (make a copy) and do the simulation.

"Daniel Rimmelzwaan" <newsgroup(a)rispluspointcom>
???????:3411B3FD-5B61-45A2-9AB9-98128578E84F(a)microsoft.com...

From: Luc Van Dyck on
"????" wrote:

> Because we want to test some manual adjustments in the company, however
> since its a LIVE company, we cannot use Backup/Restore.
> Instead, we need to copy the Company with Transaction details to a new
> company (make a copy) and do the simulation.

In that case, you can do:
1. Make a backup of the data of the live company, using NAV Client
2. Rename the live company to "<YourCompanyName> - Test"
3. Restore the backup you made in step 1

Now you have 2 companies in your database: one live company, and one test
company (with the same data as the live company).

Make sure however that nobody is working in the live company during the
backup process of step 1.

Luc Van Dyck
webmaster http://mibuso.com
14 May 2009 - Join the http://www.mibusoconference.com
From: RedFox on
Why do you not use the Backup/Restore fucntionality? What is the problem?