From: Barry on
I am try to copy bookmark from one word doc to another, find all the
bookmark and select them etc.

I can create the bookmark in the second word doc, with the correct
name.

The problem is set the location of the bookmark

Any help here would be great

WrdDoc is the destination doc
WrdTemplate is the source doc

If WrdDoc.Bookmarks.Count = 0 Then
'# Set Template Document Path
Dim strTemplatePath As String = "C:\Temp\test.doc"

'# Open Template
WrdTemplate = WrdApp.Documents.Open(strTemplatePath)

'# Get BookMarks
For Each BookMark As Word.Bookmark In
WrdTemplate.Bookmarks
Debug.Print(BookMark.Name.ToString)
---- WrdDoc.Bookmarks.Add(BookMark.Name,
bookmark.range) ------- Problem Here

Next
WrdTemplate.Close()

i get the following error

The specified range is not from the correct document or story.

Understand what the error is saying, but have not got a clue to how
get around it.
From: Armin Zingler on
Am 09.04.2010 10:47, schrieb Barry:
> i get the following error
>

> The specified range is not from the correct document or story.
>

> Understand what the error is saying, but have not got a clue to how
> get around it.

I think you have a Word automation problem, not a VB.Net problem.
The guys in the Word VBA group should know it.

--
Armin
From: Barry on
On 9 Apr, 09:53, Armin Zingler <az.nos...(a)freenet.de> wrote:
> Am 09.04.2010 10:47, schrieb Barry:
>
> > i get the following error
>
> > The specified range is not from the correct document or story.
>
> > Understand what the error is saying, but have not got a clue to how
> > get around it.
>
> I think you have a Word automation problem, not a VB.Net problem.
> The guys in the Word VBA group should know it.
>
> --
> Armin

It okay i have work it out

For Each BookMark As Word.Bookmark In WrdTemplate.Bookmarks
Dim NewRange As Word.Range
NewRange = WrdDoc.Range(BookMark.Range.Start,
BookMark.Range.End)
WrdDoc.Bookmarks.Add(BookMark.Name, NewRange)
Next

Thanks