From: HM on
Hi-
I have tried multiple times, and I am losing the order of conditional
formatting for a cell when I copy it to another cell. The relative reference
copies well, and things work if correct the order of the copied rules.

I found references on other discussions forums that this is a bug in Excel,
but, I didn't find any reference to it in this forum or on Microsoft's
official site, so it a bug ? or another "feature" ?

Is there any way around it ?

And, yes, I need the order because I have four rules, and up to three of
them can be correct in the same time. And, no, I can't merge the rules
because the provided interface is so flexible....

While I am at it, when copy/pasting rules keep on piling up. I wish there
was a flag to override rules, instead of keep on merging them in a random
order....

This feature is nice and new, but, it is not well implemented...

Thanks!
From: Bob Umlas, Excel MVP on
It's a bug - it's fixed in office 2010 - copying a cell onto another cell
with conditional formatting effectively replaces/removes the CF from the
receiving cell, as it should. Since it's a bug, there's really no "fix" other
than updating the order of CF's after the paste (which you can do in the CF
dialog, clickiong on the reorder arrows).
I recommend that before you paste, you clear any CF from the receiving cell,
because some day you will upgrade to 2010!