From: SkyEyes on
Since we had Windows 2000 several years ago, we had reg-hacked a policy
setting for WSUS for our clients, which loaded the information under
LM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate...

Since we are on Windows XP SP2 going to SP3 we now have 4 separate settings
for WSUS which all workstations are in the same OU, so we only have one
policy applied. We have two separate locations with a test and prod WSUS
settings, which makes 4 different settings depending on location, target
group, servername, etc. Is there another place this can be set without
pushing a registry key down under policy?

Question, when policies don't work and we clean everything up, one extra
step was to remove the LM\software\policies and CU\Software\Policies keys and
subkeys and issuing a GPUPDATE /FORCE. When we do this, the WSUS key also
get wacked and we would manually have to remember which location and
test/Prod the client was at. 1) Is there a setting outside the policy key
that we can set up when to download, update, group
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
WSUS newsgroup:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services

WSUS forum: