From: jcage on
On Mar 24, 7:11 am, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> jc...(a)lycos.com wrote:
> > On Mar 23, 7:09 am, Leonard Grey <l.g...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> >> "...It's running SP2 but not 'fully patched'..."
>
> >> "...Currently I'm running...what used to be Advanced Registry Optimizer
> >> but now is Advanced System Optimizer)..."
>
> > Not sure I follow ya.  Everything I've mentioned is the paid version
> > and received pretty high reviews around the net.
>
> Injudicious use of Advanced Registry Optimizer and its ilk may have caused
> your problem.  If you ever think your Registry needs to be cleaned,
> repaired, boosted, tuned-up, cured, tweaked, or optimized (it doesn't), readhttp://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099and draw your own conclusions.
>
> Extended Support for WinXP (x86) SP2 ends on 13 July 2010. After that date,
> computers running WinXP (x86) SP2 will NOT be offered any further critical
> security updates, Automatic Updates will not work, and Windows Update
> website will not be accessible until SP3 is installed.
>
> What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/what-does-end-of-supp...

Thanks for the info... Any thoughts on doing a 'restore'? I believe
that it's a restore that I've heard about that supposedly repairs all
windows system files, leaving all user files alone. If this is the
case, perhaps I should be looking at that approach.
From: jcage on
Thanks again for the time with your replies everyone... I discovered
one thing that surprised me as I logged into a user account on this
machine and Internet Explorer worked just fine. I expected to login
back into the admin account and have it work as flawlessly and was
dismayed when in 'admin' mode, I was faced with the same choices,
'debug' and 'close' when getting into IE through Admin level. Is
there some way to mirror settings over from that user account to
'Admin'? Everything on this machine seems to be NEARLY where it was
before the crash so I hate to do anything really radical and have any
'setback'.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Repost: Nuke & pave the sucker!