From: Ofnuts on
On 15/04/2010 13:23, Bowser wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 22:01:28 -0700 (PDT), RichA<rander3127(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Pg. 29, Apr 10 issue of Brit mag, Amateur Photographer. Images taken
>> with a Canon body, Nikon 14-24mm f2.8. Nikon has really set the
>> benchmark with that lens. It's so good the Canon guys are willing to
>> give up AF just to have it over their other choices.
>
> Actually I was thinking that the shooter was a Nikon shooter who gave
> up his Nikon bodies just to get access to a decent sensor.

* wiping coffee stains from screen *

--
Bertrand
From: Bruce on
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 08:51:35 -0400, "Michael Benveniste"
<mhb(a)murkyether.com> wrote:
>"Bruce" <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Surely they are also giving up control of the lens aperture? It can't
>> be much fun to have such a beautiful lens and only be able to use it
>> at one aperture.
>
>Nope. See, for example:
> http://www.16-9.net/nikon_g/

A technological delight, and very reasonably priced.

Thanks for the link. ;-)

From: Bruce on
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 15:15:56 +0200, Ofnuts <o.f.n.u.t.s(a)la.poste.net>
wrote:

>On 15/04/2010 13:23, Bowser wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 22:01:28 -0700 (PDT), RichA<rander3127(a)gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Pg. 29, Apr 10 issue of Brit mag, Amateur Photographer. Images taken
>>> with a Canon body, Nikon 14-24mm f2.8. Nikon has really set the
>>> benchmark with that lens. It's so good the Canon guys are willing to
>>> give up AF just to have it over their other choices.
>>
>> Actually I was thinking that the shooter was a Nikon shooter who gave
>> up his Nikon bodies just to get access to a decent sensor.
>
>* wiping coffee stains from screen *

As a former Canon shooter who changed to Nikon to get access to a
decent sensor, I had to laugh at that one. Hilarious!

From: John McWilliams on
Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 15:15:56 +0200, Ofnuts <o.f.n.u.t.s(a)la.poste.net>
> wrote:

>>> Actually I was thinking that the shooter was a Nikon shooter who gave
>>> up his Nikon bodies just to get access to a decent sensor.

>> * wiping coffee stains from screen
>
> As a former Canon shooter who changed to Nikon to get access to a
> decent sensor, I had to laugh at that one. Hilarious!

The worm has turned again, and will continue to do so in the future!
Nikon beat out Canon for 10 months or so, but Canon rules again..........

--
john mcwilliams
From: Bruce on
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 15:15:56 -0700, John McWilliams
<jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>Bruce wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 15:15:56 +0200, Ofnuts <o.f.n.u.t.s(a)la.poste.net>
>> wrote:

>>> * wiping coffee stains from screen
>>
>> As a former Canon shooter who changed to Nikon to get access to a
>> decent sensor, I had to laugh at that one. Hilarious!
>
>The worm has turned again, and will continue to do so in the future!
>Nikon beat out Canon for 10 months or so, but Canon rules again..........

The great thing about this is that both Nikon and Canon gear just gets
better, and better, and better. Almost regardless of which brand they
support, Nikon and Canon buyers have a great choice of high quality
bodies and lenses and there is every sign that this will continue.

Meanwhile, the other brands are falling further and further behind
these two.