From: Newby on
Bought Office 2007 Ultimate from official looking Microsoft site. Shipped
from Digital River. Clicked on download button, Then clicked on save file.
When finished I cannot find the file in my C drive. It did say better to
download on DVD drive but it never gave me the choice. It automatically
downloaded to somewhere that I could not find. So far I cannot install the
program. Help please. Thank you.
From: DL on
And I suppose you did'nt pay extra for the DVD?
Location of file depends on your o/s, assuming you didnt change the default
location, eg Downloads or My Downloads
And when the download commences in the resulting progress window if you
untick the option to close the window on completion you could have run the
file from there.
Presumably once you have found the file you will burn it to dvd together
with a copy of the key and the receipt

From: db on
you might try installing
"free download manager"

then re download it via
the freeware and pay close
attention to the file name
and the location where the
freeware will place it.

--
db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Herb Tyson [MVP] on
Open any web site that contains graphics. Right-click on any picture, and
choose Save Target As. Do not click Save. Instead, note the proposed
location--there's an excellent chance that this is where the downloaded
Office was placed.

--

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <eQNytfNhKHA.4872(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, Herb Tyson [MVP] wrote:
> Open any web site that contains graphics. Right-click on any picture, and
> choose Save Target As. Do not click Save. Instead, note the proposed
> location--there's an excellent chance that this is where the downloaded
> Office was placed.

No joy.

When you save a picture, it wants to put the saved file in My Pictures.

And my earlier suggestion's equally useful.

And I just checked any old download link; that defaults to saving to some
apparently arbitrary directory (last place a file was saved to? current
directory? who knows!)