From: blake7 on
Hi all, I have a options group on my form with 4 option buttons, there values
are 1,2,3 & 4 being saved in my table column Currentstatus, I am trying to
count the various input using the code below, but it does not add up whats in
my main table, it is sometimes doubling the amounts it finds, any help?b
Thanks.

Total Entered: Count(*)
Total approved: Sum(IIf([currentstatus],1,0))
Total Reject: Sum(IIf([currentstatus],2,0))
Total NA: Sum(IIf([currentstatus],3,0))
Total TA: Sum(IIf([currentstatus],4,0))

From: Douglas J. Steele on
Your IIf statements are incorrect. Try

Total approved: Sum(IIf([currentstatus]=1,1,0))
Total Reject: Sum(IIf([currentstatus]=2,1,0))
Total NA: Sum(IIf([currentstatus]=3,1,0))
Total TA: Sum(IIf([currentstatus]=4,1,0))

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

From: golfinray on
Count needs to include filed name:
Count([yourfieldname])
IIF statements require something defined like:
sum(IIF([yourfieldname]=something,1,0)
If the 1,2,3,4 are text they must be in quotes.
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

From: blake7 on
Hi Both, thanks for the reply, I tried both suggestions and I get the same
error message for both "Data type mismatch in criteria expression" ? any
other suggestions guys. Thanks

From: golfinray on
In a datatype error, you are trying to perform an operation on the wrong
datatype. Like, trying to add or subtract text instead of numbers or trying
to type numbers as text. Look at the datatypes in your table. Number, text,
memo, etc If you need to operate on text, like IIF([yourfield]=1,1,0) then
put the numbers in quotes like
IIF([yourfield]="1","1","0")
--
Milton Purdy