From: Pat on
(Excel 2003) Is there a way to calculate the days and then stop the counting
when you have entered a completion date and/or cancelled appears in the
"Status column?

I want the duration column to keep calculating the days until either a date
is enter into the "Completion Date" Column or the "Status" Column has
cancelled or completed in it.

Start Date Completion Date Status Duration
3/24/10 9

3/15/10 3/20/10 Cancelled 5

--
pls
From: Bob Phillips on

Does the second date automatically mean that the status is also set? If so,
you only need

=IF(B2,B2-A2,TODAY()-A2)

--

HTH

Bob

From: Mike H on
Pat,

Apart from the obvious, what is the significance of 'Cancelled' to the
formula when you have a completion date in that row. It seem to me if I
understand correct that this will do what you want

=IF(B2="",TODAY()-A2,B2-A2)
--
Mike

question.

From: Bob Phillips on
Typo, should be

=IF(B2<>"",B2-A2,TODAY()-A2)

--

HTH

Bob

From: Teethless mama on
> Typo, should be
> =IF(B2<>"",B2-A2,TODAY()-A2)

I don't see anything wrong with your previous answer