From: Terry on
Is there a way to automatically generate a countdown slide counter as a
footer on a presentation? I have been doing it manually to help me within
time on a presentation. It sure would be a good feature to include in the
program, IMHO.
From: trip_to_tokyo on
PowerPoint 2007

Terry, I am not sure what you mean by, “count down slide number”.

If you mean slide numbers here's how to do it:-

1. Open a new Presentation.

2. Insert tab / Text group / Header & Footer / Header and Footer window
should launch / Slide tab / place a tick (check) in the Slide number field
(towards the lower left hand corner) / Apply to All

3. You should see a number appear in the lower right hand corner of the
slide in which you are working.

Now if you add any slides to the Presentation they will have slide numbers
in the lower right hand corner.

Thanks.

From: Matti Vuori on
=?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?= <Terry(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> Is there a way to automatically generate a countdown slide counter as
> a footer on a presentation? I have been doing it manually to help me
> within time on a presentation.

No. But it would be possible to create a macro (in an add-in) that adds to
each slide a text that says "X slides left". One part of the macro would be
removing a previously added counter text.
From: David Marcovitz on
On 4/7/10 4:40 AM, Matti Vuori wrote:
> =?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?=<Terry(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> Is there a way to automatically generate a countdown slide counter as
>> a footer on a presentation? I have been doing it manually to help me
>> within time on a presentation.
>
> No. But it would be possible to create a macro (in an add-in) that adds to
> each slide a text that says "X slides left". One part of the macro would be
> removing a previously added counter text.

Do you mean a count of how many slides is left? If so, the macro idea
could work. You might find what you need here:

Slide numbering - Slide XX of YY
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00548.htm

If you are talking about a countdown timer, that is a bit trickier. You
can get information about that here:

Clocks and timers for PowerPoint
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00081.htm

--David