From: Janet Kreinbrink on
In PowerPoint 2003, how do you fade or tone down the background photo. The
photo we have in the background of our slides is overbearing in full color
and we would like to tone it down so that the text on each slide is easier to
read.

Thank you.
From: no-spam-for-hkjffekafphdkdoemehepegkppboihac on

Possibly this will suit, starting with slide blank:

Draw a rectangle to the full size
Right click and select 'Format autoshape'
Select 'Colors and lines'
Under 'Fill' 'Color' select the right-hand down arrow
Select 'Fill effects'
Select 'Picture'
Select 'Select picture' and insert the one you need
Click 'OK'
then select 'Colors and Lines' (again)
the adjust the Fill' 'Transparency' to whatever suits.

Brian.