From: joyce los angeles on
I need to find out how this countif works. In my excel class I did the
countif like this. Statistical, countif, I selected the range, press F4, tab
and with insertion point in the criteria box I clicked the cell that was
needed. It came out really well.

However, when I had to do the skills review, I did exactly the same thing,
the formula came out, but the answer was obvously wrong. The question was to
count the number of employees with a rating of 5. So I clicked in the cell
that it needed to go, selected the range of the employee ratings and F4, then
selected the other cell that said something like ratings with 5 and the
answer came out wrong. The formula looked fine, but the answer was obviously
wrong. Can anybody help me figure out what I did wrong? Thanks very much
--
joyce
From: T. Valko on
I never use the Insert Function feature but it sounds like it would be
easier if you just typed in the formula.

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,5)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"joyce los angeles" <joycelosangeles(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:11EF5487-747A-40A3-B6FE-920A325A6AD5(a)microsoft.com...
>I need to find out how this countif works. In my excel class I did the
> countif like this. Statistical, countif, I selected the range, press F4,
> tab
> and with insertion point in the criteria box I clicked the cell that was
> needed. It came out really well.
>
> However, when I had to do the skills review, I did exactly the same thing,
> the formula came out, but the answer was obvously wrong. The question was
> count the number of employees with a rating of 5. So I clicked in the cell
> that it needed to go, selected the range of the employee ratings and F4,
> then
> selected the other cell that said something like ratings with 5 and the
> answer came out wrong. The formula looked fine, but the answer was
> obviously
> wrong. Can anybody help me figure out what I did wrong? Thanks very much
> --
> joyce

Pages: 1
Prev: Acronym Function?