From: Jethro Pull on
Look at what I just received. It's very sad. I wonder if there's a way
to access USENET via the web:Dear Valued Customer:

Effective June 30, 2010, Cox Communications will discontinue Usenet
service to our subscribers.

Declining newsgroup usage in recent years has highlighted the need to
focus our resources on other priorities, such as increasing our Internet
speeds and providing new services, including Cox Media Store and Share.

We understand that our newsgroup subscribers may want to continue
accessing Usenet. Therefore, we have worked with leading newsgroup
service provider Giganews to offer special pricing for Cox subscribers.

As a Cox subscriber you can take advantage of the following special
pricing on Giganews service:

1. Giganews Diamond Plan: Cox customers will receive the Giganews
Diamond Plan for only $14.99 per month for the first two months (a
50% discount) and 10% off the regular price beginning in the third
month.
2. Other Giganews Plans: With plans starting at $2.99 per month,
there are several options to meet your needs. Cox customers
receive 50% off the first month of all other Giganews plans and
10% off the then current price beginning in the second month.
3. All plans provide a free 14 day trial* so you can try the service
before you buy and there are no long-term contracts.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Jethro Pull" <jpull(a)hotmail.com>

| Look at what I just received. It's very sad. I wonder if there's a way
| to access USENET via the web:Dear Valued Customer:

Which has NOTHING to do with MS Outlook !

--
Dave

From: Puddin' Man on
On Mon, 10 May 2010 16:40:34 -0400, "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>From: "Jethro Pull" <jpull(a)hotmail.com>
>
>| Look at what I just received. It's very sad. I wonder if there's a way
>| to access USENET via the web:Dear Valued Customer:
>
>Which has NOTHING to do with MS Outlook !

Except possibly as it's support is practised in this forum.

OP: You can pay for it, or you can point your groups to
free servers as discussed on alt.free.newsservers.

The ones I've relied on primarily since (derelict) ATT shutdown my usenet
servers last summer:

Eternal-September.ORG
Albasani.NET

but there are others.

From: Jethro Pull on
Excuse me very much, sir. No harm done except that I wasted some of your
valuable time and got an answer that I needed: alt.free.newservers.

Send me your hourly rate and I'll send you a check.