From: John Adair on
To complete a busy week of new boards a picture of our new 48 pin FPGA
DIL module - Craignell2-48 is now on http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/component_replacements/craignell2.html.

We have these with us to show at ESC in San Jose this week.for anyone
going to that event and wants to see and hold them.

John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd.
From: whygee on
John Adair wrote:
> To complete a busy week of new boards a picture of our new 48 pin FPGA
> DIL module - Craignell2-48 is now on http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/component_replacements/craignell2.html.

Congrats, that's a really nice board !

> We have these with us to show at ESC in San Jose this week.for anyone
> going to that event and wants to see and hold them.

Any free samples ?

OK, seriously, I have a real question :
how do you find and choose the names of your products ?
like, you gather your team and take each syllabe from
their names, and see what combination sounds best ?

I'm just curious :-)

> John Adair
> Enterpoint Ltd.
yg

--
http://ygdes.com / http://yasep.org
From: Muzaffer Kal on
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:10:19 +0200, whygee <yg(a)yg.yg> wrote:
>OK, seriously, I have a real question :
>how do you find and choose the names of your products ?
>like, you gather your team and take each syllabe from
>their names, and see what combination sounds best ?

It seems that most (all?) Enterpoint products are named after Scotish
landmarks.
--
Muzaffer Kal

DSPIA INC.
ASIC/FPGA Design Services

http://www.dspia.com
From: Brian Drummond on
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 12:43:06 -0700, Muzaffer Kal <kal(a)dspia.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:10:19 +0200, whygee <yg(a)yg.yg> wrote:
>>OK, seriously, I have a real question :
>>how do you find and choose the names of your products ?
>>like, you gather your team and take each syllabe from
>>their names, and see what combination sounds best ?
>
>It seems that most (all?) Enterpoint products are named after Scotish
>landmarks.

As a Scot, I can assure you that there are also Welsh and Irish
landmarks in the product range, though I'm not seeing many English
landmarks, say from the Malvern hills or thereabouts. Perhaps we'll see
a Bredon one of these days, or even a Wyre Piddle. Or perhaps not...

- Brian
From: John Adair on
The early board range names are actually our local Malvern Hills -
Broaddown, Raggedstone, Hollybush. We did miss some of these as being
inappropriate, boring, or even indistinct, e.g. Hangmans Hill. The
later product familiy names are from the Galloway Hills in Scotland
where there are more names of distinction. The later names also have a
size link. It's not a totally accurate naming system but we give
brownie points to anyone can pronounce them properly. Maybe I will
keep score this week in San Jose and see what percentage get them
right or nearly so.

John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd.