From: Alan Secker on
I have a six user LAN plus a server. Every machine runs Mandriva Linux. The
work-stations runs XP as a guest virtual machine of Linux.

One of the applications is a 16 bit Clipper program accessing all its data
files on the server.

For five of the six users it all works perfectly. The sixth though crashes
during the process of opening the index files, reporting a DOS error 4.

I have checked the environment variables. In fact I exported copies from
the registry of a working machine and imported them into the dodgy machine.

I have allocated as much as 512 kb of RAM to the VM guest XP (previously set
to 384 kb). Nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.