From: Summing multiple fields on a form on
I have a form that allows the user to add a new record. Now I want to allow
the user the capability to change a record in the database, when necessary.
I want to create a search (or filter) on my date field. Do I need to create
a new form or can I use the same form for adding? Also how do I create the
search????
From: Mike Painter on
Summing multiple fields on a form wrote:
> I have a form that allows the user to add a new record. Now I want to
> allow the user the capability to change a record in the database,
> when necessary. I want to create a search (or filter) on my date
> field. Do I need to create a new form or can I use the same form for
> adding? Also how do I create the search????

Help and the Northwid database has a ton of information on this.

A combobox can be set up using the wizard to move you to a particular date.

From: Dennis on
I always added a "SEARCH" button on the form, as well as a "CLEAR" button.
The user would "clear" the form (so all data fields were blank), then enter
data into the field used for search. Then they'd click the SEARCH button, and
the (now-filtered) records would be shown. I also created a label field with
large colored font that said "Filter On". I only made that label Visible when
the filter was active, and I set it back to invisible when the filter was
cleared.

But that's just me...