From: fishqqq on
I have a form that has a "time" field set to a numeric value. The user
inputs a value in this field that is actually a "minute" value that is
required by the user for the program to trigger a reminder form to
open. ie. they set the value to 15 if they want to be reminded in 15
minutes etc. Once this setting is made the program updates another
field with the start time ,which is now(). So the user is basically
saying 15 min from now remind me to do something by opening another
form.

What i am having difficulty with is the timer function. How do i get
the program to look at the time field and compare it to the now()
setting and open the form i want when the 15 mins have past???

I know calendar has a reminder / tasks feature but for various reasons
i need something directly tied to access.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tks
STeve

From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
fishqqq(a)hotmail.com wrote:
>I have a form that has a "time" field set to a numeric value. The user
>inputs a value in this field that is actually a "minute" value that is
>required by the user for the program to trigger a reminder form to
>open. ie. they set the value to 15 if they want to be reminded in 15
>minutes etc. Once this setting is made the program updates another
>field with the start time ,which is now(). So the user is basically
>saying 15 min from now remind me to do something by opening another
>form.
>
>What i am having difficulty with is the timer function. How do i get
>the program to look at the time field and compare it to the now()
>setting and open the form i want when the 15 mins have past???
>
>I know calendar has a reminder / tasks feature but for various reasons
>i need something directly tied to access.
>
>any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Tks
>STeve

You need to use the OnTimer event of another form. There you check for time
elapsed using DateDiff and then open your second form. the values are in
milliseconds, so you could do something at like 60,000 (once per minute).