From: davidtyler on
I'm having trouble with the following process:

Access 2003 Database: WordDocImport.mdb
Table: WordDocText

Field_A: text field link/hyperlink to a MSWord document: C:\demowordfile.doc
- The document contains no fields and is merely text
Field_B: memo field currently empty

Need to: In a macro automate the process of importing/copying The text in the
Word document C:\demowordfile.doc into the Access table WordDocText's Field_B

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide
David Tyler, Toronto, Canada

From: Dennis on
What kind of trouble are you having exactly?

From: davidtyler via AccessMonster.com on
can't figure how to use only macros to accomplish this - even VBA code help
would be great - thanks

From: Dennis on
Well, in VBA you need to add a reference to the MS Word Library. That exposes
all the MS Word functionality to your Access database. you can open a Word
doc ("invisibly" if you want, so the user doesn't see a Word aplpication
window open), "Select All" text, "Copy" that text, etc. Once you have all
those methods available to your VBA code, it becomes a simple mechanical
exercise. I spent MONTHS on this (gag) back when I had to learn how to do
it...

Dennis

From: davidtyler via AccessMonster.com on
Dennis - I feel you past pain - been going through the same thing myself - so
I really appreciate your response - been 'FileCopy' and 'Name As' waterlogged
and haven't been able to figure out automating SelectAll and Copy

so..... how do I add a reference to the MS Word Library?