From: Dennis on
Open up the VBA code window. Then click on Tools / Refenrences. a HUGE (and I
do mean HUGE) list of references to various libraries will be displayed.
Scroll down until you find the one(s) for Microsoft Word (thank GOD they're
in alphabetical order) and click in the select box. Then save your VBA code
and the reference will save with it. Then you have all those methods at your
disposal. You'll need to play with them, as I don't remember how to use them
(it was about 4 years ago that I had to do it). But with that reference
selected, you have ALL the functionality of MS Word at your fingertips. You
can even change document formatting, Search for specifi text, do
find/Replaces, etc. It's way cool (heh)...

From: davidtyler via AccessMonster.com on
will give it a try - thanks so much

From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
davidtyler wrote:
>will give it a try - thanks so much
>
>>Open up the VBA code window. Then click on Tools / Refenrences. a HUGE (and I
>>do mean HUGE) list of references to various libraries will be displayed.
>[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]

I just tried this... PAINFULLY SLOW. Wonder if it works better with ADO???

Private Sub cmdChooseWordDoc_Click()
Dim strFile As String
Dim appWord As Word.Application
Dim docWord As Word.Document

strFile = GetOpenFile("C:\", "choose a file")
Me.txtFolder = strFile

Set appWord = New Word.Application 'use get
appWord.Documents.Open strFile
Set docWord = appWord.Documents(strFile)
Me.txtContents = docWord.Content

docWord.Close False
Set docWord = Nothing
appWord.Quit
Set appWord = Nothing

End Sub

From: davidtyler via AccessMonster.com on
Dennis & Pieter
I'm trying th folloing code but cannot get the text to copy
HELP :)

Private Sub Command10_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_Command10_Click

' Now we open the canned response
Dim objWord As Word.Application
Set objWord = New Word.Application
objWord.Visible = True
objWord.Documents.Open "C:\testworddoc.doc"""

' Select and Copy
objWord.Activate
Selection.WholeStory
Selection.Copy
Selection.End = True

' Then we just need to close the canned response
objWord.Activate
objWord.Quit

Exit_Command10_Click:
Exit Sub