From: Sash on
I have a list of column names (vertically) that I would like to create a
table using the list. Is it not possible to use SQL and use CREATE TABLE in
Access??
From: Dirk Goldgar on
"Sash" <Sash(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a list of column names (vertically) that I would like to create a
> table using the list. Is it not possible to use SQL and use CREATE TABLE
> in
> Access??

Of course it is. What is the nature of the list of column names? Does your
list include the type and size of the field? In principle, if I have, a
string variable in which I create a SQL statement, like this:

Dim strSQL As String

strSQL = _
"CREATE TABLE Foo (" &
"Field1 INTEGER, " & _
"Field2 TEXT(50) WITH COMP" & _
")"

... then you can execute it like this:

CurrentDb.Execute srtrSQL, dbFailOnError

Note: the dbFailOnError constant is defined by the DAO object library, so
you should have a reference set to that library in order to use it.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)