From: Allen Browne on
As you found, the Dirty event probably isn't reliable. From memory, the way
it behaves is not consistent between different versions of Access either.

It is possible to trigger the event like this:
Call Form_Dirty(False)

However, it's probable that Form_BeforeUpdate will serve you better.

From: Rob Hofkens on
Allen, thanks for you answer :)

Rob.

"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne(a)SeeSig.Invalid> schreef in bericht
> As you found, the Dirty event probably isn't reliable. From memory, the
> way it behaves is not consistent between different versions of Access
> either.
>
> It is possible to trigger the event like this:
> Call Form_Dirty(False)
>
> However, it's probable that Form_BeforeUpdate will serve you better.
>
> --
> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia
>

> "Rob Hofkens" <nospam> wrote in message
>> Hi all :)
>>
>> For a certain situation I needed to use an unbound textbox to update a
>> hidden bound textbox.
>> This works ok but it seems that editing an unbound textbox doesn't
>> trigger to the Form_Dirty event.
>> Also updating the hidden bound textbox via VB code doesn't trigger the
>> Form_Dirty event.
>> Gladly I discovered that the Form_BeforeUpdate gets triggered before I
>> move to the next record,
>> so I could make a work arround to handle not having a Form_Dirty trigger
>> event.
>>
>> I am just curious if there is something I am not aware off that might be
>> done to trigger a Form_Dirty event.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Rob.

Pages: 1