From: swas on

"Marshall Barton" wrote:
> The way I have done something like that (ghantt chart) is to
> use a text box with an expression like:
> =String(positionfield, "I")
> That will display the letter I the number of times in each
> record's position field.
>
> To make that look more like a bar, you need to use a font
> that displays a solid block instead of a letter. There is a
> public domain font designed to do just that job at:
> http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0055.htm
>
> I have not tried to make a mouse dragable slider out of that
> but it sounds like you have so it should work.

I may be able to use the simple bound text box idea, or with

=String(positionfield, " ") & "I"

to make a pointer style rather than bar lookp.

Using this for the continuous form view, and use conditional formatting to
make the actual slider visible and allow slider change by the user for the
current record.

Getting these to align would be difficult using a textbox and spaces, which
would vary for screen resolution... though perhaps the slider could be in the
form footer and not overlaid in the record at all.

I enjoy the pre thinking as much as the doing... :)

Thanks

swas