From: forest8 on
Hi

I need to create several reports which have the appearance of the forms in
my database.

The top half of the form/report contains information that must be on every
report so I created a base report. In the top half, I have formulas which
are correct. This report/form is called Students.

The bottom half of the form is in reality a subform. What I've done is
saved the forms as reports (using the same file name except that these names
start with R for report),

Then I saved the R-Student report with a new name so I can combine the
information for the second half. (e.g. R-StudentLegalIssues). In this new
report, I copied the information from the R_LegalIssues report into the
bottom half of this report.

The first two reports I created this way didn't have any issues.
The third report does not include any information from the R_Students report
or R_LegalIssues but separately they do.

What's the best way to resolve this? I don't want to create the reports
from scratch since I have to create about 20 reports.

Thank you for your help.

From: Duane Hookom on
I can't make heads or tails of this question. Forms don't contain any data,
they simply display records from tables/queries. I think you might only need
to use a main report with a subreport. I can't tell because you really
haven't described your tables and their relationships.

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

From: forest8 on
Hi there

After posting my very convoluted question, I discovered that a
report/subreport was the best way to go.

Since then, I have created six of my reports.

Thank you for answering my question.