From: Daniel Moth on
What makes you think I've used it? The blog post describes a "roll your own"
mechanism that I used on our 4.2 device back then...

Check the documentation for further questions:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wcecoreos5/html/wce50lrfStartWatchDogTimer.asp

Cheers
Daniel
--
http://www.danielmoth.com/Blog/

From: Enrico Pavesi on
Yes but when you describe the implementation:

1. The dog itself kicks the hardware watchdog on our unit. So should
anything go wrong with that process (effectively should something go wrong
in the OS), our unit resets.

any way i'have defined the function like this:
[DllImport("coredll.dll")]
public static extern IntPtr CreateWatchDogTimer(string
pszWatchDogName, int dwPeriod, int dwWait, int dwDfltAction, int dwParam,
int dwFlags);
[DllImport("coredll.dll")]
public static extern Boolean StartWatchDogTimer(IntPtr
hWatchDog,int dwFlags);
[DllImport("coredll.dll")]
public static extern Boolean RefreshWatchDogTimer(IntPtr
hWatchDog,int dwFlags);

At runtime it says Can't find an Entry Point 'CreateWatchDogTimer' in a
PInvoke DLL 'coredll.dll'.

Does it means is not there?

From: " ctacke/>" on
That's because it's not an exported function of coredll.dll. It's an inline
in pkfuncs.h (line 1028 to be exact) that makes a KernelIoControl call
passing in a WDAPIStruct.

From: Enrico Pavesi on
Thanks ....
one last thing...can someone send the pkfuncs.h of CE 5.0

Thanks again

From: "Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT on
Legally, no. That's a violation of the license, as I read it, anyway. You
can download the Windows CE 5.0 Evaluation Edition with Platform Builder
from www.microsoft.com/downloads and get it from there (you'll have to read
the license and interpret if using a file received *that* way is OK or not;
hope you're a lawyer).

Paul T.