From: Styrmir on
Hi everybody

i just recently started using VB at work and now i am working on a
script which sends emails to our customers. So far it has gone pretty
well but now they want to add a hyperlink to the email. So a part of a
sentence should be a hyperlink which directs our customers to our
webpage. I just cant figure this out. Anyone knows how to do this?

Thanks in advance
Styrmir
From: James Whitlow on
"Styrmir" <styrmirg(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi everybody
>
> i just recently started using VB at work and now i am working on a
> script which sends emails to our customers. So far it has gone pretty
> well but now they want to add a hyperlink to the email. So a part of a
> sentence should be a hyperlink which directs our customers to our
> webpage. I just cant figure this out. Anyone knows how to do this?

I am going to assume that you are strictly using the 'TextBody' property.
If this is the case, you are going to need to use the 'HTMLBody' property to
do what you want. I almost always set both just in case someone is reading
with a client that does not support HTML. I don't want them to see an empty
email. You could do something like this:

oMsg.TextBody = "Visit the Google website (http://www.google.com)"
oMsg.HTMLBody = _
"Visit the <a href='http://www.google.com'>Google</a> website."

If you don't want to manually write the HTML code, you can compose your
message in Outlook Express, click on the 'View' menu, select 'Source Edit' &
click on the 'Source' tab at the bottom to get your HTML code.