From: Twayne on
In news:b5434351-dd75-4cb5-a0d6-eb030023f913(a)h25g2000vba.googlegroups.com,
BertieBigBollox(a)gmail.com <bertiebigbollox(a)gmail.com> typed:
> Is it possible to do this? Need this to roll out to a user
> with an easy way to get back to the default installation in
> case they screw things up.
>
> I'd like to dual boot the PC but have a partition with a
> saved ghost image in. Then if needs be PC could be booted
> to the partion and the ghost image restored.
>
> In the past, I've created bootable ghost DVDs which do
> this, but, in this case, theres no DVD drive.
>
> Any ideas best way to do it?
>
> I'm guesiing it could be done by dual booting Pc with xp
> and dos, and then setting up DOS same as I do for DVD boot?

What about licensing for DOS?

From: ju.c on
It's all explained here:

Inside the Dell PC Restore Partition
http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/index.htm

ju.c

From: HeyBub on
BertieBigBollox(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Is it possible to do this? Need this to roll out to a user with an
> easy way to get back to the default installation in case they screw
> things up.
>
> I'd like to dual boot the PC but have a partition with a saved ghost
> image in. Then if needs be PC could be booted to the partion and the
> ghost image restored.
>
> In the past, I've created bootable ghost DVDs which do this, but, in
> this case, theres no DVD drive.
>
> Any ideas best way to do it?
>
> I'm guesiing it could be done by dual booting Pc with xp and dos, and
> then setting up DOS same as I do for DVD boot?

You may want to consider Microsoft's free "Steady State" program which
returns a PC to its initial configuration.

"Windows SteadyState allows you to set Windows Disk Protection to remove all
changes upon restart, to remove changes at a certain date and time, or to
not remove changes at all. If you choose to use Windows Disk Protection to
remove changes, any changes made by shared users when they are logged on to
the computer are removed when the computer is restarted."

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=d077a52d-93e9-4b02-bd95-9d770ccdb431#QuickInfoContainer