From: winapi on
Hello,

I have been trying the implement the "Creating an Internet Explorer-style
Toolbar" tutorial
at the link below. . . . . .

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb775452(VS.85).aspx

My last post was a bit messy and may have been confusing. I have been able
to implement
everything a part from the section "Handling Navigation with Menu
Hot-Tracking Disabled"
I can't seem to work out how to implement the SetWindowsHookEx section into
the "MSDN toolbar example" code. Albeit, this does seems to be the tricky
part of the code.
I have looked around the internet for example, and ones I have found are
burried within MFC code. Some folks seem to have asked the same questions as
me, and have not had a reply also.

Has anyone managed to implement this section for this tutorial? Or does one
know of
any source code examples?

Thanks.

From: Preben Friis on
"winapi" <apiwin(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone managed to implement this section for this tutorial? Or does
> one know of
> any source code examples?

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/menus/menubarxp.aspx

It contains all the elements that you need. You just have to port the stuff
to pure C if you want to.

/Preben Friis

From: Seetharam on
Spend some time with the MFC samples on codeproject or codeguru... you
can easily convert them to Win32 once you understand them

HTH
Seetharam
From: winapi on

"Preben Friis" <noone(a)technologist.com> wrote in message
> "winapi" <apiwin(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Has anyone managed to implement this section for this tutorial? Or does
>> one know of
>> any source code examples?
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/KB/menus/menubarxp.aspx
>
> It contains all the elements that you need. You just have to port the
> stuff to pure C if you want to.
>
> /Preben Friis

Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

From: winapi on
It seems the MFC implementations are quite hard to convert, even
though they are easy to understand within MFC. I didn't have much
luck on the conversion and gave up on that avenue.

I was able to find some "C" code fragments that were more helpful.
I have since managed to get a working version in the WinAPI(plain c).

If anyone folks are interested in seeing this example, I will put up a link?

Thanks.