From: Tadjio on
"Bob I" <birelan(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Tadjio wrote:
>
>> "VanguardLH" <V(a)nguard.LH> wrote in message

>>>Have you looked at the monthly Recurrence options for a task?
>>

>> Yes. They can be of the form First, Second, Third or Last
>> xxxday of the Month.
>>
>> I am using Outlook 2007
>
> Why does it have to be the 15th working day, the bills aren't due based on
> that criteria.

Oh yes they are.
My Visa statement date is the 15th working day of each month
and my MasterCard is the 16th.
--
Tadjio

From: Tadjio on
> Tadjio wrote:
>> VanguardLH wrote ...

>>> Have you looked at the monthly Recurrence options for a task?
>>
>> Yes. They can be of the form First, Second, Third or Last xxxday of the
>> Month.
>>
>> I am using Outlook 2007
>
> I doubt OL2007 tossed away the recurrence options available in OL2003.
> When you select the Monthly recurrence pattern, what options show up?
> There isn't one where you can elect "Day xx of every x months"?

As I said, in the Monthly recurrence pattern :

They can be of the form The First/Second/Third/Last xxxday of the Month
where xxxday can be Sunday to Saturday or
'day, 'weekday' or 'weekend day'
as well as
Day nn of Every nn Months.

Note that 'Working Day' is Monday to Friday
excluding Public / Bank Holidays such as Easter.
This month Easter added 2 days to my statement date.
--
Tadjio

From: VanguardLH on
Tadjio wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote ...
>
>> Tadjio wrote:
>>
>>> VanguardLH wrote ...

>>> Yes. They can be of the form First, Second, Third or Last xxxday of the
>>> Month.
>>>
>>> I am using Outlook 2007
>>
>> I doubt OL2007 tossed away the recurrence options available in OL2003.
>> When you select the Monthly recurrence pattern, what options show up?
>> There isn't one where you can elect "Day xx of every x months"?
>
> As I said, in the Monthly recurrence pattern :
> as well as
> Day nn of Every nn Months.

As you said? No, you didn't say before and only added the second clause in
your NEXT reply. Tou did NOT mention the "Day nn of Every n Months" option
to which I pointed out.

"They can be of the form First, Second, Third or Last xxxday of the Month"

That's just one option available where "xxxday" is the day-of-the-week
(Monday, Tuesday, etc), day, weekday, or weekend day. There is no "working
day" counting option because which days are working days depends on your
schedule versus someone else's schedule, your religion versus theirs, and
all their other arbitrary causes for creating holidays and other special
days. Just because a holiday is listed in your calendar does NOT make that
a non-working day. Try to convince the 7-11 worker, store employee, and
waitress that them toiling on a holiday is a non-workday.

Only after I mentioned the "Day N of every N Months" did you then mention it
in your next reply. You might've meant to mention that option but you
didn't probably because that option doesn't fit in with your nebulous
"working day" definition.

> Note that 'Working Day' is Monday to Friday

For you. Not for everyone. I'm not sure banks worldwide have the same
working days, either. After all, in a nation that is NOT predominately
Christian, why would they be closed on holidays that aren't part of the
religious tenets for their preponderous majority of customers? My credit
card company includes Saturday as a working day so there goes your claim
that Monday to Friday is universal. Did you even call your creditor to ask
just what are THEIR working days? We only know your working days. If YOUR
working days is how you plan on measuring on how you think someone else is
going to define their working days, then use "The 15th workday of every 1
month" condition. Of course, since there will be, at a minimum, 2 weekends
during that time, the 15th workday is going to be further out than the 15th
of the month.

> excluding Public / Bank Holidays such as Easter.
> This month Easter added 2 days to my statement date.

Which has nothing to do with the holiday itself since Easter is always on
Sunday when banks are closed (here). Of course, I don't know where you are
or where is your bank that is the creditor so you or they might be somewhere
that Christian holidays aren't prevasive and banks have different working
days than where I am. I don't know the world banking system enough to know
that all banks all close on the same days or that credit agencies obey the
same workday schedule as banks. What's a working day for you and me and
your bank and your creditor probably don't match up.

As someone pointed out, the credit card company doesn't go by a fixed day of
the month or some contrived working day of the month that is appropriate for
yourself where they exclude what are holidays for YOU versus them. Go look
at your prior statements. The due date changes. Mine roam around anywhere
from the 15th (the earliest) to the 24th (the latest) although I've asked
them to set the 20th as my due date. Since the credit company or bank is
the one that establishes the due dates, why not go ask them for a year's
worth of due dates for your account. Then go add THEIR calculated due dates
in your calendar. In the last 2 calendar appointments, add a note to get
the next year's worth of due dates (I wouldn't commit myself to more than a
year of their expected due dates). Then add a 1- or 2-week reminder to the
appointment. You need to stop using a generic calendar for figuring out due
dates that are determined at the whim of your bank. Get THEIR schedule.

Of course, if you are that worried about making the due date then you might
be eeking a living from paycheck to paycheck. So it is with which paycheck
you will be making your payment that is important. So just remember that
it's the 2nd payback whether paid biweekly or weekly that you have to use up
to make your payment that is due sometime near after the 15th of the month.
You can't pay them until you get paid, anyway. When you get your 2nd
paycheck of the month, pay your bills regardless that their due dates are a
week away, or more.

You might also find their due date lands on a weekend but they aren't open
on the weekend. Does that mean you can deliver it on the weekend and not be
charged a late fee? Nope, because they need the payment before that because
otherwise they don't process your payment until the following business day
and that's after the due date. Your payment due on Saturday might
physically reach their office at the end of Friday but not get processed
until Monday so you're still stuck with a late fee. You need to get your
payment there BEFORE it is due and during the week before the weekend of the
week it is due.

You also need to check when that bank or creditor processes payments. Even
though Friday might be a workday for both you and them, they might not
process payments on Fridays. You're stuck with a late fee because they got
it in time by the calendar date by not in time for their processing
schedule. Some places you have to get the payment to them physically 3 days
ahead of the due date to ensure they process it in time and don't nail you
with a late fee. You'll have to find out what the policies are at your
creditor's bank, what days they process the received payments, how long it
takes to process the payments, and get THEIR schedule of due dates since
they are the ones choosing when to ream you.

You don't want the truck running over you while crossing the street when the
light changes. You want to already be across the street when the light
changes. Besides, just how are you going to guarantee that your payment
arrives before the due date if you are postal mailing it unless you send it
well in advance? Who says the postal service will always take the same
number of days to deliver your payment? If paying online then you
definitely need to find out how long after receiving the electronic transfer
before they actually commit the transfer from your bank, how long the
transfer takes, how long it takes them to process electronic payments after
receiving the transferred money, and on which days they do not process any
payments.

Isn't the postal mailing that arrives a couple weeks before the due date
sufficient notice to remind you to pay those bills? If you went with
e-payments, they'll send you an e-mail notice BEFORE the payment is due.
What good is a reminder in Outlook when your computer is turned off or when
Outlook isn't running? Reminders for calendar events or tasks in Outlook
are only useful while you are at your powered computer and you left Outlook
running continuously. If you are trying to use Outlook to give you the
minimal lead time to submit your payment, you will still end occasionally
getting nailed with late fees.
From: Tadjio on
??? ;-)
--
Tadjio

From: Bob I on

Tadjio wrote:

> "Bob I" <birelan(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Tadjio wrote:
>>

>>>"VanguardLH" <V(a)nguard.LH> wrote in message

>>>Yes. They can be of the form First, Second, Third or Last
>>>xxxday of the Month.
>>>
>>>I am using Outlook 2007
>>
>>Why does it have to be the 15th working day, the bills aren't due based on
>>that criteria.
>>

> Oh yes they are.
> My Visa statement date is the 15th working day of each month
> and my MasterCard is the 16th.

Statement date and Due date are not the same thing.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Out of office in 2007
Next: Email font size