From: Dustin Cook on
"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in
news:humaip0ku3(a)news1.newsguy.com:

> From: "Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com>
>

>| With respect, I don't agree with the assesment. And if I did somehow
>| lose credibility for this nonsense, it's not from people I respect
>| anyway.
>

> Your replies are not "helping" your case :-(

I assume it's because you and several others feel I'm adding to the signal
to noise ratio in a negative fashion; Sadly, that is a side effect of this
.... terrible flood. I apologize to those affected by it.

--
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject
-Winston Churchill

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in
>
>> From: "Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com>
>>

>>| With respect, I don't agree with the assesment. And if I did somehow
>>| lose credibility for this nonsense, it's not from people I respect
>>| anyway.
>>

>> Your replies are not "helping" your case :-(
>
> I assume it's because you and several others feel I'm adding to the signal
> to noise ratio in a negative fashion; Sadly, that is a side effect of this
> ... terrible flood. I apologize to those affected by it.

It's hard to not respond to its lies. Every time it brings up that Rebecca
post and misattributes it to you I'm tempted to repost the direct link to
*that* post with the headers that proves it wrong. Lying in the face of
proof of truth is typical behavior for this thief.

From: Dustin Cook on
"Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries" <rhondaleakirk(a)earthling.net> wrote in

> Yeah, and I told him to stop. Once. Maybe twice. Then I stopped adding
> to the noise.

I was using the fact he used one of yours as a point, It's none of my
business really anything beyond that. You have your reasons for
requesting he stop and you don't need for any reason to share them with
me. I like things just the way they are between us. We're civil and only
chat to one another on an extremely rare basis. This works for the both
of us. You extended friendship once, and I abused it; So you certainly
owe me no favors of any kind here.

>> Now go away.
>
> If you went away, the flooding of the group would stop. If you would
> stop answering every anonymous post, the flooding would be greatly
> lessened.

The group was mass flooded when I was rarely even posting anymore; Short
of checking google, I can't even say I was posting on a routine basis or
had been for months, as I got a bit burned out on the malware thing for
awhile.

I tell you what, I'll just go away, as you suggest, and we'll see what
happens with this group and that of others. If it all stops, great. Glad
for all of you. If that's the way you feel, I'll walk away from your alls
little place in the lunchroom.

> Instead, your narcissism has led you to destroy the group for the sake
> of your pathetic but overblown ego.

Please stop wasting my time or yours by placing psycho babble labels on
me collected solely from what little you've read about me on usenet. Ok?
It just makes us both look stupid.

> It's not like I'm the only one telling you to stop. Get a clue.

As I said above, I'll completely stop posting to usenet for awhile, then,
after a few weeks when anonymous remailer continues, I'll ask you what
else you think might make him go away.

It's a sad day when someone can be punked into leaving a place because
others can't simply use a killfilter tho... But, I'll do as you request
for now.

Have a good day.

From: CiderScratter on
On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 21:25:13 -0400, "FromTheRafters" <erratic
@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>It's hard to not respond to its lies. Every time it brings up that Rebecca
>post and misattributes it to you I'm tempted to repost the direct link to
>*that* post with the headers that proves it wrong.

How do you feel about the other posts?
I see the same as you. Just the one misattributed posts in a mass of
correct ones.
From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"CiderScratter" <cider-scratter(a)hotmail.invalid> wrote in message
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 21:25:13 -0400, "FromTheRafters" <erratic
> @nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>
>>It's hard to not respond to its lies. Every time it brings up that Rebecca
>>post and misattributes it to you I'm tempted to repost the direct link to
>>*that* post with the headers that proves it wrong.
>
> How do you feel about the other posts?
> I see the same as you. Just the one misattributed posts in a mass of
> correct ones.

In a previous post, I likened usenet to an RPG like Leisure Suit Larry. RAiD
was an online persona, I can't think of any reason to accept those as "real"
even though they are "genuine" posts. The internet was not "real" for many
people - it was a place to live out a fantasy, especially when there was a
feeling that anonymity was possible *and* everlasting. Of course now, the
internet is more *real* for people than actual reality is - consider the
rise in cyber-bullying and the young people commiting suicide over writing
on their "wall".

I feel even the genuine posts are being used by the spammer to mislead the
public IOW they are "lies" in that they are being portrayed as *real*. It is
obvious to most of us that Dustin had 'turned over a new leaf' so to speak
(ten years ago) and bringing up those posts (with accompanying 'color
commentary') is just as disengenuous as repeatedly bringing up the
missattributed post by Rebecca.

Judging by current behavior, Dustin seems much more trustworthy than PCButts
does. For all I know, PCButts may have been a trustworthy person ten years
ago - it is their behavior *now* that counts.