From: Leehe on
We currently use Oracle 10.2.0.4 on HPUX with data guard and logical
standby. SQL Apply is used
to replicate data to 2 other standby machines/databases. We are
interested adding Redhat linux box into
the mix running 11gR2. Would it be possible to replicate data from
HPUX to Redhat linux?

Thanks for any hint.

Leehe.
From: Mladen Gogala on
On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 17:50:50 -0700, Leehe wrote:

> Would it be possible to replicate data from
> HPUX to Redhat linux?

Yes it would be possible, but not with Data Guard. You should use STREAMS
replication. Replicating data from HP-UX to any Unix platform is possible.
The only thing that is not possible is replication from Unix to MS
Windows, because Windows sucks.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com
From: John Hurley on
On Mar 26, 11:45 am, Mladen Gogala <n...(a)email.here.invalid> wrote:

snip

> The only thing that is not possible is replication from Unix to MS
> Windows, because Windows sucks.

You must be a B52's fan because you are telling it telling it ... tell
it like it T.I.S.