From: Deb on
I believe I'm going to have to create several crosstab queries in order to
develop the monthly report required by the client.

Here is SQL statement for one of the crosstabs:

TRANSFORM Sum(tbl_History.SHPTrans) AS Expr2
SELECT tbl_History.Division, tbl_History.Program
FROM tbl_History
GROUP BY tbl_History.Division, tbl_History.Program
PIVOT ([SHPTrans]) & "Shipped";

The cross tab appears to be working, (I need Division & Program rows - and
that part appears to be working), but when I run the query, I get the
following. It's like the "value" column displays with no information in it,
the values are in the "1Shipped" column (as they should be).

Division Program 1Shipped Shipped
56110KW SSEE
56110KW SSEE INC E
56120EH CCOP
711AW SSEE INC E
711KW SSEE INC E 1
712DB SSEE
712MD OBD
712WB SSEE 1
712WB SSEE INC E 1

I think I'm getting close to getting what I need, I'm just missing a little
something.

Please advise.
From: KARL DEWEY on
What is the datatype of [SHPTrans] field? Post sample data.
--
Build a little, test a little.

From: KARL DEWEY on
I just noticed you have [SHPTrans] as pivot and value. You probably have
some nulls.
Anyway your data would look like this --
Division Program 1Shipped 2Shipped 3Shipped 4Shipped
56110KW SSEE 2
56110KW SSEE INC E 1
56120EH CCOP 3
711AW SSEE INC E 4

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: Deb on
Hi Karl! Thanks for responding.

The data type is number, long integer. It records the number of items
shipped. There are some nulls in that field. Would it make any difference
to set the default as "0"? I'm going to have to do several crosstab queries
and combine those for the report. I've built a second crosstab and it pretty
much does the same thing. They are pulling in the correct number of items, I
just don't know why it seems to be adding the blank column?

From: KARL DEWEY on
Try this --
TRANSFORM Sum(Nz([tbl_History].[SHPTrans], 0)) AS Expr2
SELECT tbl_History.Division, tbl_History.Program
FROM tbl_History
GROUP BY tbl_History.Division, tbl_History.Program
PIVOT (Nz([SHPTrans], 0)) & " Shipped";

--
Build a little, test a little.