From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 07:42:02 -0700, Daryl S <DarylS(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>John -
>
>Is that required now in Access 2007? I am still on Access 2003, and I only
>need to define the parameters if I am using the crosstab query as, say, the
>basis for another query. Otherwise I have not had to define the parameters
>whether they are pulling data from a form or entered manually.

Interesting! That doesn't match my experience (in 2003 and older versions) but
then I haven't really dug through the limitations. I do know that I've gotten
error messages just attempting to open crosstab queries, errors which resolved
when I defined parameters; and "received wisdom" from the newsgroups suggests
that they're required. Thanks for the info, I'll do a little experimenting and
see!

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]