From: Daniel Prince on
I am planning to buy an ASUS M4N78 PRO motherboard. Is Crucial ecc
memory (CT2KIT25672AA800) the best, reasonable priced, memory for
this motherboard? If not, what memory is better? Thank you in
advance for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
From: Paul on
Daniel Prince wrote:
> I am planning to buy an ASUS M4N78 PRO motherboard. Is Crucial ecc
> memory (CT2KIT25672AA800) the best, reasonable priced, memory for
> this motherboard? If not, what memory is better? Thank you in
> advance for all replies.
> --
> Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
> grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
> REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

I took a quick look, and all I can see around seems to be CAS6 memory,
so the stuff you've located seems to be "average". It would appear
there might have previously been CAS5 DDR2-800 memory, but it is
gone now (I checked micron.com and their CAS5 module is marked "EOL").

Paul
From: Charlie Wilkes on
On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 01:16:09 -0700, Daniel Prince wrote:

> I am planning to buy an ASUS M4N78 PRO motherboard. Is Crucial ecc
> memory (CT2KIT25672AA800) the best, reasonable priced, memory for
> this motherboard? If not, what memory is better? Thank you in
> advance for all replies.

I think you would be better off with pc2-8500 non-ecc memory.