From: Geoff Chambers on
I was trying to add functionality to my Crystal Report Viewer, I'm
using the RDC. I wanted to be able to enable the
SelectionFormulaButton and when pressed it would load the current
SelectionFormula and then modify from there.
Looking at the documentation the Method called
SelectionFormulaButtonClicked() can't be used with the RDC. I can
assign a new selection formula using SelectionFormulaBuilt(), but I
can't assign the current SelectionFormula first, I can onlly add to
the current SelectionFormula in this methodif I want, then I have to
hit the RefreshButton() to display the new data.

Has anyone got this to work?
From: Philippe Mermod on
Hi Geoff,

It seems that SelectionFormulaBuilt is not possible with RDC too
:
SelectionFormulaBuilt Event (CRViewer Object)
The SelectionFormulaBuilt event occurs when a new selection
formula is
assigned to the report. This event is not valid when the Report
Viewer is used
in conjunction with the Report Designer Component.

Why don't you assign SelectionFormula before running the viewer
or in the RefreshButtonClicked Event ?

--
Phil Mermod
Crystal Reports Library for Visual Objects

From: Geoff Chambers on
I do assign it, I was hoping to allow the user to modify it at
runtime. But if the RDC doesn't work, then it doesn't work and I won't
provide it. I hear the .NET version is much more robust any plans to
move your library to this version?